Fusilli Writing began life as Fusilli Flash Fiction, a Facebook only competition devised to encourage writing with a twist in order to attain some sort of emotion through very short fiction. The fundamental concept remains, however it is now free to enter via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to contribute to the running of this website and competition please do so by clicking on the button below, choosing your own amount. Payments will have zero bearing on the choice of winner.
All we want is your stories up to 200 words with a twist (maximum three per person per competition round), any theme.
We will announce a short list and winner once we receive 50 entries, with the winner getting our (and the world’s) admiration and promotion via our social media.
Entry details at the bottom of the page.
Current story count: 11/50
|Date||Winner||Runner up / Short list|
|June 2021||Claire Loader: Roleplay||James Mason: Best served cold|
Jeff Taylor: Big Apple
Charise de Becker: Whiskey Wicked
Ellie Herda-Grimwood: She is Mine
Ruth Dear: On Cloud Nine
|December 2020||Shiv Saywack: White Christmas||Sue Dawes: Keeping the wolf from the door|
Niles Reddick: Vertigo
|June 2020||Dan McQuain: Father and Son||Sera Worrall: Time for Tea|
Sue Dawes: Final Illusion
|December 2019||Rhiannon Cousins: Runaway Groom||Sue Dawes: Our father who art in Clapham|
|June 2019||Sue Dawes: Battle Dress||Neil Phillips: Lucid Nightmares|
Alex Entwisle: Soon
Competition rules / details
- Email your story/stories to: Fusilliemail@example.com either as an attachment or copied into the body of an email.
- The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English.
- The maximum number of words is 200, not including title.
- Any theme including disturbing, erotic etc, although publication of the winning stories on our page is at our discretion.
- The story needs a twist / good reveal.
- The deadline is when we receive the 50th entry.
- Entries must be the writers original work and not have been previously published in print or online, been broadcast or have won a prize.
- Up to 3 entries per person per competition round.
- The judge’s verdict is final.
- The writer retains the rights to the story although we may use the story for future promotion.
- No lower age limit.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
Data Protection / GDPR information
As ‘Data Controller’ we need to ensure it is clear how your personal data will be used:
- Entry to the competition is considered as consent to hold your personal information (Facebook profile and email address) until the competition winner/s is/are chosen and announced (unless you win – see below).
- If not a winner we will only contact you to acknowledge receipt of your story(s) and to answer any queries you may have.
- Unless a winner, you will only receive information from us via our social media pages as a follower or from groups we are both members of.
If you are one of our winners or runner-ups:
- We will not pass your information to a third party except in publishing / promoting the winner/s on our social media pages and website.
- Your name and story may be published and remain on our social media pages and website.
- We will retain your contact details for future correspondence.